After many years, rear engine riding mowers have been reinvented to combine true and tried features with today’s efficient innovations to provide the same level of dependability you have always loved from a rear engine moving machine. For lawn maintenance, rear engine riding mowers have a lot of benefits over their front engine sisters. In this article we will look at these benefits of rear engine mowers.
Here are the six main benefits of rear engine mowers:
1. Great stabilityMost rear engine mowers have very low center of gravity compared to other front engine models. Low center of gravity reduces the chances of tipping and thus prevents serious injuries. In addition, most rear engine mowers have four-wheel-drive for stronger and better traction on sloped grounds and damp grass. Their low profile, wide tires add traction and stability on all kinds of lawns.
2. Easy maintainRear engine mowers are very easy to maintain. You can easily clean and even sharpen their blades when they are in their storage position. Additionally, you can oil their wheels, steering as well as blade attachment easily and faster.
3. Maneuverability and steeringThe rear parts of these mowers follow the movement of their front axles, to turn faster as well as more sharply. The pivoting structure allows the rear engine mower to ride a long as you move up and down in your lawn – ensuring a more even and smooth surface. You can easily level their decks for effective steering and cutting performance. Their total width is just 28.0 inches – that is 12.0 inches narrower than other front engine mowers. The good thing about rear engine riding mowers is that you can easily ride via garden gates, around raised flower gardens and trellises easily and safely with them. Most rear engine mowers have a turning radius of less than 6.0 inches. They allow you to trim your grass up to the edge of your driveways as well as retaining walls because of the tucked-in nature of their rear and front wheels.
4. Minimal exposure to toxic gas The main benefit of rear engine mowers is that they don’t eliminate their gas fumes drifting toward the driver. You are able to breathe easily as you continue with your task and you will most likely complete the job in one session.
5. Different methods of handling clippingsRear engine riding mowers provide extra features such as baggers, adjustable-height blades and mulchers. Some makes provides up to 9 blade height adjustments for every king of grass vegetation, from wild grains to bluegrass. You don’t need to clean the blade after every 30 minutes (mow the whole lawn). If you want, you can use their side discharge to increase the clippings over the grass like lawn mulch.
6. Easy storage You can store rear engine mowers on end, lying on their wheels and rear deck. Their front axles are very strong and can allow you to use your 2 hands when lifting them to their storage area. Always remember to disconnect the battery and drain the gas tank before storing your mower.
Find more you want to know bestmowers.org/best-riding-lawn-mowers